Tuesday 1 June 2021

May the Force be with you

Goodbye May.  May's been good to me.

Not only did I reach my sales target for the year, but doubled it.  Four sales in a month.  Not sure I've done that before.  Not sure I ever will.

So, in addition to 'The Pizza Bug' going to Cryosieum Press and Frost Zone's Handmade Horror,

  • Martian Magazine will be running 'General Katutian Surveys her Triumph' (something of a cheat, I'll admit - not only is this a drabble, it was originally sold to Martian in 2018, accepted, returned when the magazine went into hibernation, and has now been re-accepted.  But I'm including it.  See if I care.)
  • Urhi Publishing have taken 'Roadkill' for their Needle Drops... anthology series.  There's talk of producing theme music for some of the stories.  I'm intrigued.  And...
  • 'The Smartest Guy in the Room' will be in Mystery Weekly Magazine's Die Laughing anthology.
Two horror stories, plus one criminally funny one (allegedly), and the only sci-fi is a hundred words long.  So should I still think of myself as a sci-fi writer?  Why not get your hands on these and judge for yourself:

#

Click on the images or search for these on Amazon.
You're here, so surely you know how to do that?


2084 - The Meschera Bandwidth

2084. The world remains at war.

In the Eurasian desert, twenty-year old Adnan emerges from a coma with memories of a strictly ordered city of steel and glass, and a woman he loved.

The city is the Dome, and the woman... is Adnan's secret to keep.

Adnan learns what the Dome is, and what his role really was within it. He learns why everybody fears the Sickness more than the troopers. And he learns why he is the only one who can stop the war.

Persuaded to re-enter the Dome to implant a virus that will bring the war machine to its knees, the resistance think that Adnan is returning to free the many - but really he wants to free the one.

24 0s & a 2

Twenty-four slipstream stories.  Frequently absurd, often minimifidian, occasionally heroic.

No comments:

Post a Comment