Friday 20 January 2017

Fetch me my periwig

The BBC recently reported that coffee shops are shouldering traditional pubs aside as, amongst other reasons, they become informal centres for doing business, and a younger generation eschews alcohol.

Am I the only one to get a sense of history repeating itself, of what goes around comes around?  Hasn't the 'bitter Mohammedan gruel' done its best to push aside ale before?  Perhaps somebody would care to trade some stocks and shares over a tall silver pot of chocolate?  Have the tea clippers arrived in the East India Dock, anyone?

I, for one, intend to cash in on the boom when my ten gross of powdered wigs arrive from China, to be placed on eBay at vastly inflated sums.  Laugh now, but every hipster will have one by 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment